Friday 25 October 2019

It’s Bonfire Season


The weather is beginning to cool off, which means my excitement is ramping up. I wouldn’t exactly say it’s cold weather I’m looking forward to, but I do prefer the mild weather of early fall. And with this amazing and cool weather comes a pastime favorite of many Americans: bonfires.


What’s better about being stoked for nicer weather is to be able to sit out on my back porch. It may seem like I have a secluded backyard and my own house for back porch sitting in solitude, but that’s actually not the case. Rather, I live in an apartment near a busier area of my city. And the coolest thing is I have a trail right behind my backyard, meaning I can sit out on the patio and watch passersby and dog walkers in the cool weather, if I prefer.

I’ve got to say that it’s a pretty great set up for a smaller apartment. So great that it makes the apartment seem more like a house than otherwise. Heck, there’s even a basement and second story, which isn’t very common for apartments at all. But I suppose I should get back to the bit about my porch: I’ve got a fire pit set up and raring to be used for this perfect weather. It’s really quite the apartment set up, I’m proud to say.

And get this: I also have a nice grill on the patio too. This is absolutely perfect for summer and early fall so that I can cook outside and enjoy my time doing it all while being out in “nature” instead of cooped up in my small kitchen cooking.

It’s pretty fun to add stuff to my patio, too. Recently we’ve taken on the task of decorating our deck to make it look more Halloween themed. And I must say, with the hay bales and cornstalks we’ve added so far, it’s starting to come together really nice. All that’s missing is a few “spooky” decorations, some carved pumpkins, and a dedicated bowl for candy boxes and other Halloween goodies. Even though I mentioned this is in our “back yard” of sorts, the trail behind us may actually be a spot that trick or treaters hit up every year, so we’re excited to see if any kids come by in hopes of scoring some candy boxes and treats! Even if they don’t, I guess it’s a prime location for us to eat the sugary snacks and host a little bonfire with drinks. Can’t lose with either scenario!

No comments:

Post a Comment